Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) confirms your right to live in the UK permanently or settle, without any time limit and free from immigration control. It is also known as Settlement.
Overview of Requirements
In order to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as an Innovator, you must have continually resided in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the application and meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must meet the English Language requirement.
- You must not be in breach of any immigration laws.
- Your last grant of leave must have been in the Innovator Visa category.
- Your absences must not exceed 180 days in any consecutive 12-month period.
- You need to show significant achievements in line with the business plan for your previous application.
- Your business must be registered with Companies House and you need to be listed as a director or a member of that business.
- Your business must be active and trading.
- You need to prove that your business is sustainable for at least the following 12 months.
- You must have demonstrated an active key role in the day to day management and development of the business.
Settlement Success Criteria
Additionally, your business venture must satisfy at least two of the settlement success criteria below:
- You have invested at least £50,000 into the business in order to advance the business plan of your previous endorsement.
- The number of the business’s customers has at least doubled within the last 3 years and is now higher than the mean number of customers for other UK businesses with similar services.
- The business undertakes significant research and development activity and has applied for intellectual property protection in the UK.
- The business has a minimum annual revenue of £1 million in the last full year covered by its accounts.
- The business is generating a minimum annual revenue of £500,000 in the last full year covered by its accounts, with at least £100,000 from exporting overseas.
- The business has created the equivalent of at least 10 full-time jobs for resident workers.
- The business has created the equivalent of at least 5 full-time jobs for resident workers, which have an average salary of at least £25,000 a year (gross pay, excluding any expenses).
Frequently Asked Questions:
When can I apply for British Citizenship once I have acquired Indefinite Leave to Remain as Innovator?
You can apply for British Citizenship 12 months after the date you have acquired ILR, provided that you have continually resided in the UK for at least 5 years. See our guide to British Citizenship applications: https://qc-immigration.com/british-citizenship/
What is continuous residence?
Continuous residence can be defined as time spent lawfully in the UK without any excessive periods of absences or overstaying.
What if my total absences exceed the limit?
We often come across clients who have spent substantial time away from the UK due to holidays, work, study, medical or family reasons. These can sometimes lead to the total absences being over the limit. We can in certain circumstances request the Home Office to exercise discretion in disregarding the excess absences due to exceptional circumstances.
As a QC Immigration client, you will benefit from a detailed document list, document checks, thorough guide for any interview and ongoing advice to help you meet the above-mentioned requirements. Our fee is fixed and reflect our success rate.
We can also provide recommendations for Endorsing Bodies that our clients have successfully secured Endorsements from.
If you would like to plan your Innovator visa and Indefinite Leave to Remain applications, please call 02036378633 or email email@example.com today.