Need help with UK immigration?

Child Dependant Relative2019-03-17T09:05:05+00:00

If you are a child and you want to join or stay with a parent or family member in the UK, you may be eligible to enter and remain in the UK.

Child Visa Application

Who may qualify?

You’ll need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you want to join, for 6 months or more, a family member who is living in the UK or returning to the UK permanently.

You will be making an Entry Clearance application if you are living outside the UK, or a Leave to Remain application if you are living in the UK

*A decision should be made within 8 weeks if you apply online or by post/ on the same day if you use the premium service

  • You must be under 18
  • you’ll be living with your parent or parents
  • you’re not married, in a civil partnership or living an independent life
  • you’ll be supported and accommodated adequately without using public funds, or you meet the financial requirement

Your family member can either:

  • be a British citizen
  • have settled in the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain or EEA Permanent Residence Card)
  • have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK

You can:

  • work
  • study
  • bring some family members

You can’t:

  • get public funds for yourself and any dependants.
  • get benefits

Extend your stay: You may be able to apply to extend your visa or settle in the UK permanently.

Eligibility: Your parent or family member must have one of the following:

  • British citizenship
  • settlement in the UK
  • asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK

Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can help with this application.

[rev_slider alias="mail-sign-up"]