You have to invest at least £200,000 or £50,000 if the funds come from specific investment vehicles.
From outside the UK
If you are applying from outside the UK, you must apply online. You will be required to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application in order to obtain a biometric residence permit which is part of your application. Thereafter, you will have to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you initially stated that you would arrive in the UK.
You will be able to apply while being in the UK if you switch to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. You will be able to switch to this visa if you meet the eligibility requirements and you are already in the UK under one of the following categories:
- Tier 1 (General);
- Tier 1 (Investor);
- Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur);
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
- Tier 2
Additionally, you can also switch to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if you have specific types of funding and you are on Tier 1 (General) or Tier 4.
From the UK
You may apply online. You also need to provide your fingerprints and a photo (biometric information) for your biometric residence permit.
The application requirements for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is complex and changes frequently. QC Immigration can provide a time and cost-efficient solution to you. Contact us on 0203 647 8633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Home Office fees will depend on where you are and the way you apply:
|Who you’re applying for||Apply online or by post||Apply in person outside the UK|
|You (if you’re from Turkey or Macedonia)||£1,222||£966|
|All dependants||£1,277 each person||£1,021 each person|
You will also need to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application which is currently £200 a year. The Home Office has proposed an increase from December 2018 onwards.
Our fee is fixed and affordable. If you would like to discuss a tailored solution, please call 02036378633 or email email@example.com today.
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months. You can apply to extend the visa for another 2 years if you are already in this category and 3 years if you are switching to it from another category. Additionally, you might be able to apply for Settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) once you have been in the UK for 5 years.
Generally, the documents a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applicant will need to include but are not limited to the below:
- Current passport or other valid travel identification
- Evidence of investment funds available to them
- Business plan
- Evidence of ability to support themselves financially during their stay
- Proof of meeting the English language requirement
- Tuberculosis medical certificate if they are from a country where they are required to take the test
- Criminal record certificate from any country they have stayed in for more than one year in the last ten years
- Other relevant documents
As a QC Immigration client, we will provide you with a list of documents that is customised to your circumstances.
If you are on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, your family members (dependants) have the right to undertake most employment (with the exception of Doctor or Dentist in Training unless certain conditions apply), self-employment and be a professional sportsperson.
They can also study at both private and state school or university, but they may need to apply for an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS). Additionally, they can be self-sufficient in the UK.
They cannot claim public funds.
You can study on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, although it should not be your main activity which is to carry out your business. You might need to obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate in relation to your course/research and present it to your institution prior to commencing your studies.
You can work for your business, including being self-employed or Director of a company. To fulfil the purpose of this visa, you are usually not allowed to take full-time employment in another company. Part-time or supplementary employment may be acceptable under certain conditions.
There are numerous requirements in order to obtain a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, depending on your personal and business circumstances. The following are some key requirements:
1. You must be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
2. You must have access to at least £50,000 investment funds from specific investment vehicles. Alternatively, you must have access to at least £200,000. In both cases, these funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions and be free to spend on UK business.
3. You must meet the English language requirement.
4. You must be able to support yourself during your stay and your dependants if any. You will need to show that you have adequate personal savings for 90 consecutive days prior to your application.
5. You must be at least 16 years old.
6. You must provide a clear business plan.
7. You might need to attend an interview at the Home Office or Embassy.
As QC Immigration client, you will benefit from our thorough guide for any interview, document checks and ongoing advice.
You can share the same investment funds with only one other Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applicant. This can be done by forming an Entrepreneurial Team of two Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants.