Intra-Company Visas are for multinational employers who wish to transfer existing employees from outside the UK or Ireland to their UK offices for training, or to fill specific vacancies that cannot be filled by British, Irish or Settled workers.
There are four subcategories for this route:
- Intra-company Transfer visa: An employer may transfer and employee to a role in the UK. The Applicant needs to have worked for their employer overseas for more than 12 months, unless the employer is going to pay Applicant £73,900 a year or more to work in the UK.
- Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa: An employee may be transferred to the UK as part of a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role. The Applicant needs to have worked for their employer overseas for at least 3 months immediately before the date of application.
- Short Term staff: for established employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred to a skilled job in the UK for 12 months or less that cannot be carried out by a recruit from the resident workforce.
- Long Term staff: for established employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred to a skilled job in the UK which may, or will last more than 12 months and cannot be carried out by a recruit from the resident workforce.
- Graduate Trainee: for recent graduate recruits who are being transferred to the UK branch of the same organisation as part of a structured graduate training programme, which clearly defines progressions towards a managerial or specialist role.
- Skills Transfer: for overseas employees who are being transferred to the UK branch of the same organisation in a graduate occupation to learn the skills and knowledge the will need to perform their jobs overseas, or to impart their specialist skills to the UK workforce.
In order to qualify for this route, the applicant must:
- Be an existing employee of an organisation that’s been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
- Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from employer with information about the role offered in the UK
- Conduct a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- Be paid at least £41,500 for an Intra-company Transfer visa or at least £23,000 for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa
Sponsoring companies or applicants wishing to use this route can contact us to discuss the support we can provide. We can act as an out-sourced solution for organisations.
The Intra-company visa route also applies to dependant family members, so they can come with you to the UK on this visa. They must have a visa if they are from outside the UK or Ireland.
Link to the Home Office Website: https://www.gov.uk/intracompany-transfer-worker-visa
If you would like to learn more about the how we can help you with this application, please contact QC Immigration today.