Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
The Representative of an Overseas Business visa is also known as the Sole Representative Visa. It enables you to establish a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
Who can apply:
- the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
You may apply as the employee who:
- is employed by a company that is outside the UK
- aim to set up the first commercial presence of the company in the UK
- have comprehensive relevant industry experience
- have a senior position in the company and full authority to take decisions on its behalf
- be applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business
- not a majority shareholder in that overseas business (under 50% shareholding)
- intend to work full-time for the organisation
- does not intend to take any other employment
- provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependents adequately without recourse to public funds
- meet the English language requirement
Your employer has:
- its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK
- no active branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK
- the UK registered branch / wholly-owned subsidiary will operate the same type of business as the overseas business
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I bring family with me under this Representative of an Overseas Business Visa route?
Yes, your partner and children under the age of 18 may apply to join you as Dependents. You must show that you can support yourself and any family dependents without recourse to public funds.
When is the earliest that I can apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa?
The earliest you can apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa is 3 months before you travel to the UK.
How long will it take to receive a decision on a Representative of an Overseas Business visa?
Generally, you will receive a decision on a Representative of an Overseas Business visa within 3 weeks.
You can check the guide processing times on the Home Office official website to find out how long it will take to receive a decision in your country.
How long I can stay under the Representative of an Overseas Business visa?
Once you are granted a Representative of an Overseas Business visa, you can come to the UK for 3 years. Thereafter, you may be able to extend your visa for additional 2 years.
When you have completed 5 years in the UK, then you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.
We can help with planning strategically your relocation and business expansion plans. Please call 02036378633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.