Need help with UK immigration?



If you are coming to the UK to take part in sporting activities in the UK, you will typically need to enter through the points-based system. The points-based system has special categories and rules for those professional and amateur sportspeople under the following categories:

  • Tier 2 Sportsperson visa
  • Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa
  • Visit (Standard) – Business Sports visa
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor visa

If you are coming to join a team or association, typically you will need to be sponsored by an employer. If you are going to be in the UK only for a single event then a visitor visa might be appropriate.

Teams or organisations looking to bring over sportspeople as employees must obtain a Sponsor Licence; this will also require you to obtain an endorsement from your sports governing body. Your sports governing body must also be recognized and approved by the home office.

5 star rating from
previous clients