Tier 1 Investor Visa
With an outstanding reputation for security, education and quality of life, the UK has become an attractive home for ambitious foreign investors and their families. The Tier 1 Investor visa is a potential visa pathway for investors looking to invest in the UK.
We also have the following articles available with more information about the Tier 1 Investor Visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa if you:
- you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
There are some restrictions regarding how you can invest the money. You can’t:
- invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- get public funds
There are also applicable restrictions regarding work as a doctor or dentist.
Under the Tier 1 Investor visa path you will be able to:
- invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
- work or study
- apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
You will have to provide evidence for the investment funds, which will depend on the route visa route taken.
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 Investor visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months. You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
The Tier 1 Investor visa route also applies to dependent family members, so they can come with you to the UK on this visa. They must have a visa if they are from outside the EEA or Switzerland.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
Link to the Home Office website
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with this application, please contact QC Immigration today.
5 star rating from