Need help with UK immigration?

Tier 4 Student Visa2019-03-17T09:05:45+00:00

Individuals from outside the EEA & Switzerland wishing to enter the UK to study can apply under the Tier 4 Student Visa route.

Tier 4 General Student Visa

The requirements for a Tier 4 general student visa (age 16 & over) include:

  • Unconditional offer of place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
  • Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for course
  • Course must be full time (at least 15 hours per week)
  • You meet the English language requirements
  • Those aged 16 or 17 need written consent from parents stating they can live and travel independently
  • Must obtain entry clearance before travelling to UK
  • Must have 40 points
    • 30 points: valid CAS from fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor
    • 10 points: enough money to cover course feels and monthly living costs

Applications for the Tier 4 general student visa must be made online (except if from North Korea).  You cannot apply from inside the UK unless it’s an application to continue studying in UK.

Tier 4 child student visa (age 4 to 17) and short term study visa routes are also available options, depending on the course you are wishing to undertake and your circumstances.

Link to the Home Office website

If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with a Study Visa application, please contact QC Immigration today.