Tier 4 General Student Visa
The requirements for a Tier 4 general student visa (age 16 & over) include:
- Unconditional offer of place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for course
- Course must be full time (at least 15 hours per week)
- You meet the English language requirements
- Those aged 16 or 17 need written consent from parents stating they can live and travel independently
- Must obtain entry clearance before travelling to UK
- Must have 40 points
- 30 points: valid CAS from fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- 10 points: enough money to cover course feels and monthly living costs
Applications for the Tier 4 general student visa must be made online (except if from North Korea). You cannot apply from inside the UK unless it’s an application to continue studying in UK.
Tier 4 child student visa (age 4 to 17) and short term study visa routes are also available options, depending on the course you are wishing to undertake and your circumstances.