Individuals from outside the UK & Ireland wishing to enter the UK to study can apply under the Student Visa route.
The requirements for a Student Visa (age 16 & over) include:
- Unconditional offer of place on a course with a licensed Student Visa Sponsor
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for course
- Course must be full time (at least 15 hours per week)
- You meet the English language requirements
- Those aged 16 or 17 need written consent from parents stating they can live and travel independently
- Must obtain entry clearance before travelling to UK
Must have 70 points
50 points: valid CAS from fully licensed Student Visa sponsor, satisfy course, approved qualification, level of study and place of study requirement
10 points: sufficient funds to cover course fees and monthly living costs
10 points: satisfy the English language requirement
If you’re 16 or 17, you will need evidence of your parents’ consent when you apply.
Applications for the Student visa must be made online (except if from North Korea). You cannot apply from inside the UK unless it’s an application to continue studying in UK.
Child Student visa (age 4 to 17) and Short-Term Study visa routes are also available options, depending on the course you are wishing to undertake and your circumstances.