If you are a child and you want to join or stay with a parent or family member in the UK, you may be eligible to enter and remain in the UK.
Child Visa Application
Who may qualify?
You’ll need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you want to join, for 6 months or more, a family member who is living in the UK or returning to the UK permanently.
You will be making an Entry Clearance application if you are living outside the UK, or a Leave to Remain application if you are living in the UK
*A decision should be made within 8 weeks if you apply online or by post/ on the same day if you use the premium service
- You must be under 18
- you’ll be living with your parent or parents
- you’re not married, in a civil partnership or living an independent life
- you’ll be supported and accommodated adequately without using public funds, or you meet the financial requirement
Your family member can either:
- be a British citizen
- have settled in the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain or EEA Permanent Residence Card)
- have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
- bring some family members
- get public funds for yourself and any dependants.
- get benefits
Extend your stay: You may be able to apply to extend your visa or settle in the UK permanently.
Eligibility: Your parent or family member must have one of the following:
- British citizenship
- settlement in the UK
- asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can help with this application.